Great question! It all comes down to the production process. Soft drinks require less time and effort to create. Non-alcoholic wine and beer go through the same process as their standard alcoholic drink friends but have the alcohol content removed thanks to a limited fermentation process.
Frequently Asked Questions
Non-alcoholic wine is definitely a healthy alternative to drinking wine with alcohol content. You are not consuming any alcohol, which means you’re putting your liver and other organs under less pressure. You are saved from the bad decisions that come with drinking. And with many alcohol-free wines, you’re still getting the benefits of antioxidants!
Non-alcoholic beer contains sugar and may contain more than regular beer so moderation is still recommended for a healthy lifestyle.
‘Healthy’ has a lot of different meanings. You may find a soda with no sugar, which makes it healthier than an alcohol-free drink. Or vice versa. The real payoff is being able to avoid alcohol and stay sober, while still enjoying a delicious drop!
It is very unlikely that non-alcoholic beer or wine can make you drunk due to the very low or negligible alcohol content. However, it’s worth mentioning that some people who struggle with alcohol dependency may find drinking these beverages to be triggering.
If you need some support, consider reaching out to Lifeline Australia.
So many reasons! Let’s list ‘em…
- You’re sober
- You’re sober-curious
- It’s Dry July
- It’s Oc-sober
- It’s Dry January
- You’re pregnant or taking medication
- You’re the designated driver
- You have a big day tomorrow that you have to be sharp for
- You’ve already had a couple of drinks and you don’t want to push it
- Drinking gives you epic headaches or hangovers and you just can’t handle the alcohol content anymore
- You love trying new things
- You want the feel of that glass in your hand but not the inebriation that comes with it
Any others? Let me know!