As we near the start of July here are my top 5 tips for making the most of a month free from alcohol. My goal is to help you do better than white knuckle it through the month only to make up for lost time in August.
As always I can’t emphasise enough, if you are going dry for July, SIGN UP, take the challenge and raise the funds for much needed Cancer support in Australia. If you don’t want to go it alone, join my team or donate!
- Enrol in The Alcohol Experiment. It’s easy, free, online, fits neatly within a month and you’ll learn way more about alcohol and your relationship with it than you ever thought possible.
- Don’t focus on what you’re missing out on. Just because you’re not drinking alcohol doesn’t mean you have to be a hermit. Challenge yourself, socialise. You might be surprised just how great doing the things you love are with clarity and with no regrets. Things can be even more enjoyable.
- Stock up on AF drinks. Don’t settle for the shite that’s on the shelf at Dan Murphy’s. I know it’s the quick and easy option but there are much better non-alcoholic drinks on offer. Jump into the reviews section on the homepage of my website and choose good quality recommendations. Shop through any links and get 15% off with code DRY15.
- TREAT YOURSELF!! Book a massage, a facial, a weekend away. Take a class! Use that spare time when you would normally be hungover for creative and enjoyable things.
- Be prepared to eat your way through the month. Everyone who tells you you’ll lose weight is lying. The calories you’re missing in the alcohol you’ll make up for in Cadbury or burgers or both. But that is ok. This month is one to become more mindful about alcohol and the role it plays in your life, it’s not a weight loss challenge.
I won’t wish you luck. I don’t believe you need it. Take this month on with the right mindset and you will come out of it better off and hopefully not ready to pour a bottle of prosecco down your throat come 1 August.